Thursday, May 6, 2010

Nobody Is Nothing

"I can have those - you know, like, 'eh, you're nothing' moments. I think everybody has that. And then I have this part of me that's positive. I call it my Inner Winner. And that's what keeps me going. you know? That's that positive light." - Diane Warren, award-winning songwriter

Renowned talk show host Matt Lauren at one point had four straight shows canceled. Four! Would you try to start up a fifth business if your first four failed? That perception of setbacks as learning experiences on the road to certain eventual victory has propelled several national celebrities to their dreams. The 'eh, you're nothing' voice is a liar... it's lonely... it wants company... it's a disease, an allergy to be discarded... it can't keep up with us due to its own weakness, unless we stop for it. Keep going! Spread acts of kindness and well-wishes to those around us, and reap those true rewards that come flooding back.

No comments: