Friday, May 21, 2010

The Word Of God

"I just believe this is how God speaks to us when he needs to. He uses someone you are familiar with and a voice you know. We don't know what God looks like, so he comes to us in a form we will recognize and tells us what we need to hear." - Geoffrey Bodine, NASCAR driver and Indianapolis 500 winner

"Word of God" means different things to different people, and Bodine lays out the way I've thought for some time. My beliefs are more rooted in the present than the distant past or future, and while following the voices of those around me has occasionally brought some hard lessons brought on by my own faults, I nonetheless consider those to be part of God's great plan of growth for me along the way to a purpose that he alone knows and for which I'm grateful.

No comments: