Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Living The Heart Way

"After you make some money, then you can do what's in your heart." - Jim Cramer

"If you know something to be true in your heart, stay with it." - Diane Warren

A friend and I got into a conversation about management jobs. She's achieved high marks in her career and been asked about stepping up into formal management some day. But her heart isn't in it, at least not yet. And there are some stations in life where "not knowing" is really knowing. Curiosity is a spark of passion's flame. If it's not there, then find another path.

Personally, I spent most of today fired up about the prospects of a new employee coming on board, and supervising a summer intern. I get a deep sense of satisfaction from stepping people toward their definition of excellence. I love helping people discover that definition from within through trial and error. And after making some money, then I can do it to my heart's content without interruption.

No comments: